The Internet rage has hit the mainstream. Unfortunately, nobody seems to know what it is. The following customer comments are attributed to students at a university campus computer store in the US....
- Customer: "I''d like to buy the Internet. Do you know how much it is?"
- Customer: "Can you copy the Internet for me on this diskette?"
- Customer: "I would like an Internet please."
- Customer: "I just got your Internet in the mail today..."
- Customer: "I just downloaded the Internet. How do I use it?"
- Customer: "I don''t have a computer at home. Is the Internet available in book form?"
- Customer: "Will the Internet be open on Memorial Day tomorrow?"
- Customer: "We''re getting an Internet from you. Are you guys having any problems sending out your Internets?"
- Customer: "The Internet is running too slow. Could you reboot it please?"
- Customer: "We''re going on holiday for three months, can you suspend the Internet for us please?"
- Customer: "I have a problem with my Internet. Anyone know how to get the screens smaller?"
- Customer: "What do you mean I have to pay for Internet access??"
- Customer: "I lost my Internet. I switched it off last night and turned on this morning, and it''s gone. I just paid $19.95 a month, and I have lost it already. Can you send me another one?"
- Customer: "The Internet site''s giving me a busy signal!"
- Customer: "Every time I call you I get disconnected from the Internet!"
More stories from Customer Support Staff
Some people pay for their online services with checks made payable to "The Internet."
Had a guy call just recently, asking how to get to the Internet through a word processor.
I got a call from an administrative assistant in our office. She said when she opened Netscape it was smaller than normal, so she could not see the entire Internet.